Sesame Street Video Clips
These are links to video excerpts of Sesame Street on YouTube and other online services. These have all received David's seal of approval as Grade A Sesame Street Silliness.
- 123 Ball: I may be wrong, but I recall there are a couple different endings for this one.
- 123 Sesame Street: Stevie Wonder blesses the Street with its own song.
- African Alphabet: Ladysmith Black Mambazo and Kermit in rare form.
- Air!: The Mahna-Mahna guy branches out into educational videos.
- Alligator King
- As I Was Going St. Ives: An old riddle in an old sketch.
- Ballad Of Casey McPhee: "Through, through, through, he got that train through..." Cookie looks great with the bandana around his neck.
- Bert's Brother Bart: Must be seen to be believed...
- Bert's Nephew Brad: Bert's little nephew is cute!
- Biff and Sullly's Piano Lesson: Featuring the maestro, Bob.
- Bumble Ardy's birthday 9: Never dine with swine, even for birthday number 9.
- Bus Stop: B-U-S-S-T-O-P spells Bus Stop!
- C is for Cookie: The one, the only.
- Choosing the National Bird: Sesame Street does US history.
- Clap, Clap, Clap!: A really impressive bit of a capella polyrhythm.
- Concerto for Clarinet and Honker: Pretty self-explanatory. I love the Honker's reaction to the clarinet
- Cookie!: Cookie Monster in Isaac Hayes mode.
- Cookiegate: Cookie Monster gets grilled by Robert McNeil.
- The Count And The Seven Angry Bats: The Count has a few problems with labor unrest.
- Count It Higher: Chrisy and the Alphabeats rock the house.
- Dance Myself to Sleep: Ernie shows off his tapdancing skills, and drives Bert nuts as usual.
- Danger!: Jerry and the Monotones once again rock the house with a PSA.
- Dee Dee Dee: Ernie sings, Cookie freaks out next to him.
- Do De Rubber Duck: Ernie goes reggae. I love the backing vocals by the whole neighborhood.
- Doin' the Pigeon: Gotta love the hat with the feather on it. Bert is truly The Mack.
- Don't Eat the Pictures at the Museum: Cookie learns a major lesson of museum etiquette.
- Doo Wop Doo Wop Hop!: Kermit gets down.
- Eating Cookie: Cookie Monster riffs on a classic.
- Echo into Mexico: Thuderation!
- Exit: Little Chrissy's singing really moves the audience.
- Ernie and Bert Watch Goldfish: Much more entertaining than it sounds.
- Frazzle: "...that means thank you for the dinner now I really must go!"
- Fuzzy and Blue: and Orange!
- The Geefle and the Gonk: "No, let's call it Shirley."
- Glasses of Water: Blub, blub.
- The Great Cookie Thief: Rule number one in crime: Never stand by your own Wanted poster.
- Grover's Health Minute - Teeth: Grover drafts Kermit to help with his demonstration.
- Grover the Waiter: Big Hamburger
- Healthy Food: Cookie Monster raps about healthy eating while dressed as a member of Run DMC.
- Here Fishy Fishy Fishy: Ernie manages to drive Bert nuts out on a boat.
- High, Middle, Low: Ah, the old soft shoe...
- I Love Trash: Mary loved this as a little girl; she had the little carry-around box of 45s...
- I Think I'm Lost: Many, is this a trippy neighborhood.
- I'm an Aardvark: "...fierce and free!"
- In With the In Crowd
- It's a Long Hard Climb: A very cute little froggy (not Kermit).
- J Friends: I have to admit, I like the ska cover a bit better, but this is still a cool number.
- Kermit's X-Ray Machine: "Boy, I'm crowded!"
- The La La Song: I have this on album, but it's fun to see Bert get into his singing.
- Lambaba: "...and a duck!"
- Ladybug's Picnic
- Letter B: Sesame Street presents the Beetles
- Mad!: Methinks Little Jerry and the Monotones are in need of some anger management. I love the hebrew translation, too
- Mee-Mee: Not actually a Sesame Street segment, but this is one of the most amazing Muppet Show segments ever. See how long it takes you to figure out what song is being "sung".
- Milk, Milk, Milk: I remember always liking this one a lot as a kid, although it's intensely wistful.
- National Association of W Lovers: "What is the letter we love"
- Oklahoma: Kermit and Forgetful Jones have creative differences.
- On the Subway: A big production number about New York's number 1 transit system.
- One Way: City planning causes heartbreak until overhead perspective comes to the rescue.
- Put Down the Ducky: A full version, with prologue and celebrity cameos.
- The Question Song: Grover has a one-track mind for this one.
- Rubber Duckie: ..bo-do-do-dee-oh...
- Russian Nesting Dolls
- Sesame Street Little Theater - Let's Make a Face: Prarie Dawn at her finest.
- Sesame Street News Flash - Cookie Red Riding Hood: Cookie looks quite fetching in the hood.
- Sesame Street News Flash - Cinderella: "Eeeewwww!"
- Sesame Street News Flash - Cinderella's Glass Slipper: I really expected Kermit to get swept off his feet by the prince...
- Sesame Street News Flash - Old King Cole: I love the hipster piper.
- Sesame Street News Flash - Old MacDonald Had a Spaceship: With a woosh-woosh here and a woosh-woosh there...
- Sesame Street News Flash - The Pied Piper: Kermit is a very talented scat singer.
- Sesame Street Sports - The Tortoise and the Hare: Methinks the tortoise has gotten into the NyQuil.
- Some of Us Are Here: More from the Mahna-Mahna guy.
- Star Wars on Sesame Street: Lots of raw footage here - Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV
- Superstition: Lord knows what possessed him or the folks at CTW, but Stevie Wonder recorded a nearly seven-minute long version of Superstition live in front of Mr. Hooper's Store. It's amazing.
- Take a Bweaff
- Telephone Rock: Little Jerry and the Monotones get themselves arrested for rocking without a license.
- That's About the Size: Simultaneously presents a key concept of Western occultism, and predicts Katamari Damacy by over three decades.
- There's a Bird on Me
- Thomas Jefferson Writes the Declaration of Independence: More Sesame Street history lessons.
- Toothbrush Salesman: Kermit and Grover do teeth again.
- The Twiddlebugs Try to Get to the Zoo: A visit to Ernie's flowerbox.
- The Twiddlebugs' New Stamp: Interior decor for the insectoid set.
- What's the Name of That Song?: The title says it all.
- Would You Like to Buy an O?: Geez, for only a nickle, what other answer could one give but "Hell, yeah!"?
- X Marks the Spot: Sherlock Hemlock goes over one of the rules of the detective game.
- Zing Zing Hey: Placido Flamingo and the Sesame Street All Animal Orchestra perform "Zing Zing Hey" from Naughty Marietta, led by real-world conductor Seiji Ozawa.
- Zizzy Zoomers
Sightings In the Wild
On rare occasions, members of the Sesame Street tribe appear in the more mundane world.
- Cookie Monster on Martha Stewart Living: Not a big fan of Martha, but it's Cookie!
- Elmo on Rove Live: Never seen the show, but it's Elmo, what else do you want?
- Grover on Jimmy Kimmel Live: Grover wows the crowd, and gives Tim Daly a hard time.
- Kermit and Jim Henson on Regis and Kathie Lee: Reportedly, this was Jim Henson's last appearance with Kermit.
- Kermit and Jim Henson on the Tonight Show: Technically a Muppet segment, Kermit was shilling for the Muppet Valentine's Day Special, the first prime-time Muppet special in 1974.
- Kermit and Jim Henson on "What's My Line": This is another one from 1974.
- Loewe's Theatre Film History Short: Cookie narrates, everybody else acts silly.
- Loewe's Theatre Policy Short: Don't smoke during the movie.
- Sesame Street on Jeopardy: Elmo, Oscar, Rosita and Big Bird help Alex Trebek give the answers.